Monday, June 27, 2011

An Uneventful Week

I've had an uneventful week! I guess that could be viewed as a good thing, right? Nothing exciting happened. Our son is fine, my DH is fine, the cats are fine, I'm fine. I didn't cook anything exciting, nor did I bake anything special. What a BORING WEEK!

I have a card to share today. Since the 4th of July is right around the corner (wasn't June 1 just a couple of days ago) I thought I'd make a patriotic themed card using Tilda in Star Dress. She looks so cute. This card has lots of layering. I hope it doesn't look like a target! LOL I added Stickles to Tilda's dress (stars) to add a touch of sparkle. I made a double bow using my Bow Easy. I had soe red and blue flowers, so they went on the card, too. Here it is:



Here is the inside. There is a strip of star ribbon on the bottom to hold the tag into place. I love that star ribbon so much!


It's a really simple card. I just had fun with a new-to-me-technique of using a border punch around a circle. It looks OK, I guess! LOL.

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you will visit again.

XO,
Chris

NOTE: I started writing this post on 6/27 but didn't finish it until tonight, 6/30. I hope that doesn't disqualify me from participation in challenges. That's the first time I've ever saved a draft, so I didn't know how the dating was configured.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Die Cut Dreams Challenge Blog (#92 ends July 2) - Red, White, & Blue

2. Scrapbookaholic By Abby (#8 ends July 9) - Red, White, & Blue

3. Stamping Scrapping Challenge Central (ends July 3) - Red, White, & Blue

4. There She Goes Clear Stamps (#113 ends July 4) - Use multiple dies

5. Pile It On (#26 ends July 2 ) - Going Round in Circles

6. Off the Wall Craftiness (#56 ends July 7) - Red, White, and Blue

7. Craft Us Crazy (#11 Ends July 6) - Red, White, and Blue

34 comments:

Peggie said...

Really cute and the inside is fabulous.

Candy said...

Hi Chris,
Oh my your card is darling!
Love how you have made it with all the dies.
Fantastic colouring.
Love all of your embellies :o)
Great papers and design.
Hugs, Candy

Cami said...

BEAUTIFUL 4th of July card, Chris! I like this circle shaped easel card with Tilda in all her glory wearing her stars dress! This is great!
Hugs, Cami

Ashley said...

Adorable Tilda stamp!! Thanks for playing with us over at Scrapbookaholic by Abby!!

Ashley

Chris said...

Oh Chris, she is beautiful! I absolutely love how you finished off the inside of the card.

paola said...

OH Chris this is absolutely delightful! i love all the star details and as per your usual style of fabulous your coloring is perfect. This came together beautifully i do hope that you enjoy your 4th July celebrations, i will be thinking of all my friends in the USA while we celebrate my baby's 5th birthday on the same day. TFS your newest creation
smiles
Paola

Caroline said...

WOW this is stunning I love it! xx

Anonymous said...

Awesome card Chris,Great job colouring Tilda
hugs Julie P

Mascha Zimmerman said...

How gorgeous, love the style ad round card, bye Mascha

Karen said...

Wow! This is great! : )

cabio's craft corner said...

Cute and sweet Patriotic theme shape card. Lovely Tilda coloring work!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Sharon said...

Nothing simple about this card Chris, I think it is SENSATIONAL! Well done, just love it. hugs Sharon x

cathylynn said...

Your card is fabulous Chris! Great work with the border punch around a circle. I haven't tried that yet. Your layers are just wonderful too! Great as always!!!
Hugs Cathy-Lynn

Beth said...

Chris, LOVE your card! Great job!

Suzi Mac said...

Wow! such a lovely bright cheery card, love the shape and the design. Happy 4th of July, I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Suzi x

Elle said...

How patriotic! The papers are divine and Tilda is adorable.

Deb said...

Lovely card, very patriotic!

Deb H.

Jane H said...

She's adorable beautiful attention to detail. Perfect!

Christina C. said...

Chris, this is absolutely phenomenal....love this wonderful patriotic card and I love the shape and the magnificently colored Tilda!
You did something truly exciting this week.....you made an awesome card!!!!!

Myrna said...

I love this Tilda and you did an awesome job coloring her Chris! Happy 4th!

Card Crazy said...

Perfect, perfect. Great way to start our National Holiday celebration!!
Sue S.

Sandy said...

Hey Pretty Lady! Your card is out of this world, 4th of July fantastic. Love the design using the die cuts and the inside is wonderful too - you sure made on exciting card!!
Love you!
Sandy

Kelly said...

Very cute card, love the joy in Tilda for the USA. The inside is just as nice.

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Chris!
I think your card is adorable. I love the round shaped easel card. Tilda looks lovely the way you have colored her. Love the layers.
Happy 4th of July to you.
Hugs Maz

Danielle Champagne said...

Beautiful card Chris, love those colors very much, Tilda could be saluting Kate & William who are in Montreal this very Saturday! I love the inside very much.
Awesome.
Hugs.

Dragonlady said...

Great design, love Tilda. Thanks for playing along at Die Cut Dreams.

Hugs Ali x

Barb Hardeman said...

OH, so adorable Chris! I wish I could say my week was uneventful, it was a marathon with sick children and all kinds of havoc! You've done a wonderful job on this cute 4th card. Love the shape and all the layers and Tilda is so sweet with her flag. Love the sparkle you added to give this such a festive look!
Hugs,
Barb

BethieJ said...

This is so CUTE!!! Thanks for joining us at PIO!
Have a GREAT day!

Cordine said...

Beautiful card!
Hugs
Cordine

Addicted Scrapper said...

I love your amazing card!!!

Rosie said...

Oh my goodness girl, this is fabulous!! I love the circle shape and how you made the border. I've got to try that technique because I have tons of MS border punches. You did an amazing job girl! Hugs, Rosie

Unknown said...

Wow what a superb creation. The design and colors Wow you really did a fantastic job on this one!!!!
Way to go!!!!!

Jackie Thomas said...

I'm such a ditz.. I have only just realised that we are on the same DT.. and you are the Chris I was chatting to the other day. after all our to-ing and fro-ing with finding the Hot off the press paper, it's actually you lol...Well after all that your card is gorgeous Chris and I'm really looking forward to working alongside you at Hooked on craft. Hugs xo Jackie

Jaclyn Miller said...

So cute, love all of your flowers and rhinestones. Thank you so much for playing along at OTWC.