Sunday, July 29, 2012

Congratulations, Birthday Tilda

Hello Dear Readers,

Here I am again with a card to share with you.

The new challenge at Hooked on Craft this month has the theme "LET'S CELEBRATE!" How fun is that? There are so many ways people celebrate, and we'd love to see a creation from you using this theme! This challenge will run from July 30 until August 25. So, you have plenty of time to create something wonderful! Here is the prize that Karen has for one lucky gal:



I just ordered some of these leaves for Fall cards. They are really versatile! I love the colors. I hope you will join in the Hooked on Craft Challenge!

This card features a fabulous die by Die-Versions. This die is one of the Solo Sentiments Line Dies. You can see the full line HERE. Die-Versions are fabulous dies that cut well have the capability of also embossing (when done with care, though)

The beautiful flowers throughout my card come from Hooked on Craft. I have typed specific product links beneath each page of the card. These flowers are absolutely GORGEOUS! The colors are breathtaking as are the types of flowers. Visit Karen's site and check it out! New varieties and colors are always being added to the store. Karen ships to the USA, too!

The stamped image is available through
Magnolia-licious.
This stamp is "Congratulations Tilda" from the You Are So Special Collection

Here is my card:


Does that catch your eye or what? LOL I couldn't resist the urge to use this lovely blue glittered cardstock for the die cut. You cannot see it well, but the white mat behind the sentiment has also been embossed in a plaid texture. It looks great in real life! I also added a die cut in turquoise glittered cardstock. This has been elevated on a pop dot. I enhanced the card with machine stitching.

Here are the links to the elements found on the front of the card:
Die-Versions Solo Sentiment - Congratulations

Aqua Tiger Lilies
White Daffodil
Light Green Daffodil

Here are the images for the interior of the card. Links for the flowers and stamp are listed after the images.



Congratulations Tilda from the You are So Special Collection
Magnolia Doohickey Die - Doily Flowers

Aqua Star Flowers
Green Daffodils
White Aster



Magnolia Doohickey Die - Doily Flowers
Green Daffodils
Aqua Star Flowers



The photos don't seem to show the rich colors found on the paper and on the flowers. I don't know why they aren't showing well on Blogger, but on my computer, they are very vivid. I give up!

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please visit the shops I've listed and see what wonderful treasures you will find!

Love to you,
Chris

22 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh Chris, this is absolutely beautiful!! Love the papers and your fabulous embellishments! The banner looks amazing and your coloring is spectacular!! What a wonderful card!!
hugs, Sharon

Cathy Lee said...

Hey, Chris. This is gorgeous. The richness of the colors of your card look fabulous to me. I've had that issue before too but I can't for the life of me remember how I fixed it. It will come to me. I love your Congratulations Birthday card but I actually came for the brownies...LOL Hope you had a great weekend.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Karen said...

Beautiful! : )

Candy said...

Hi Chris,
Beautiful card!! Love the huge Congratulations on the front.
The inside is wonderful! Fantastic colouring. I just love all of your wonderful ideas :o)
Big hugs, Candy

Lindy said...

Your card is very pretty.

Rene said...

Sooo, this is crummy??? I think you need to sit down and eat a brownie, you are obviously delusional from hunger! Lol! It's gorgeous...and CONGRATS on being a new designer! I'm so excited for you!!!!
Rene :D

Norma said...

Chris, beautiful card. Love the colours and those pennants look fab.
This adorable Tilda is wonderfully coloured.
Hugs,
Norma

Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful, I love the papers and colours, so pretty
hugs julie P

Cheryl said...

Lovely, Chris! Pretty, and bright colors! Great banner!

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Chris,
Your card is lovely.
congrats on the Design Post.
hugs maz

Kelly said...

I love your card, no crummy parts on it. Are there any brownies left?

Laura said...

Love this card! It's like a little party all by itself. This Tilda is one of my very first Maggies and still a favorite. You've colored her up so beautifully!

♥ Laura C.

Elle said...

I think your photographed it just fine. The colors/papers/embellishments all show up with brightness and appeal. Great work of art!

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

So pretty and love the color combo.
Beautifully done.
Blessings Doreen

cathylynn said...

Congrats to You on the new DT position first of all!! And this card is totally gorgoeus.. Lots of great details to admire.
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Suzan L said...

Hi Chris, your card is gorgeous! I love all the wonderful details that you have added to it, epecially the banner and the beautiful flowers! Congratulations to you on being chosen to be on the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog DT. I look forward to working with you Sweetie!
Big Hugs,
Suzan

Christina C. said...

You are way too hard on yourself, Chris!!!!! Your card is spectacular, inside and out! Love Tilda and all the banners are so special. Beautiful job!!!!
Congratulations on your new DT position with Magnolia-licious!

Leslie said...

Beautiful card! The colors and all of your elements are wonderful!
Hugs,
Leslie
http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Congrats on your new DT position. Your card looks amazing! Wonderful colors and design. Beautiful on the inside and out.

Karen

Suzi Mac said...

Stunning card Chris, love the design, your colouring is amazing and your added embellishments finish your card off perfectly. Many congrats on your new DT post hon. They are lucky to have you.
Hugs
Suzi x

Unknown said...

Congrats on your new position and you deserve it!!!!! Gorgeous card by the way and fabulous work as always!!!!!!

Karen said...

Fabulous card as usual! I just love your colouring and you decorate the inside so divinely!