Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Edwin with Derby Hat is a Stud Muffin!


Greetings!

Are you getting ready for the holiday? Have you begun preparations? It's going to be just the two of us this holiday, so, I splurged and have a personal chef preparing dinner for us! Yes, it is a "bucket list" item! LOL We were able to select what we wanted, and, of course, there is a whole turkey! I have to have leftovers! Usually, our DS flies in to be with us, but this year, he has other plans. So, DH and I decided that we shouldn't cook or have to clean up. I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Usually, I start cooking the Monday prior to Thanksgiving. I am soooooo not missing it!

Today, begins a new challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog! The new challenge is:

Use a Doily


Many of us already do that, so that challenge is easy peasy!

Before I go any further, I want to announce who the lucky gal is who won a special something from me on my last Challenge post. **Drumroll, please....

#4 -- Cindy!


Cindy, if you would please e-mail me at the address listed on this blog, I will get something wonderful out to you!

I also said that I would select a lucky gal from the comments posted on our Holiday Blog Hop. That lucky gal is:

#9 -- Tamara!


Tamara, if you will please e-mail me at the address listed on my sidebar, I will get something special out to you!

Thank you, all, for your wonderful, supportive comments! They mean so much to me!

Now, let's get back to the Magnolia-licious challenge! Here is my card: I had so much fun with this one. I just kept going and going with it! I hope you like it:





For my card, I used:

Edwin with Derby Hat. I thought he was just adorable (with and without his cookie duster)!
Afternoon Tea Rose Kit. I did modify the mustache so that it would match the way I liked it.
Mustache Doo-hickey Die

The rest of the goodies are from my stash. The gorgeous vintage papers are from paper sacks that a dear, dear friend sent to me for using on vintage cards! Thank you, Sweetie! I used a large black Prima flower and an assortment of brown flowers. The pocket watch in the upper right was made using black cardstock that looks like patent leather. I, then, added a vintage chipboard button. This was just fun!

Also, for those of you that saw my disaster of a card that I posted November 12, I did redo the front. I painstakingly removed each and every piece from the front. Then, I started all over. Now, I didn't change much, but I did make some minor changes that made me feel a little better about it. This card just looks so much nicer in real life. Here it is:

BEFORE

AFTER


Now, I'm a happy girl! LOL

If you haven't done the Magnolia-licious Holiday Blog Hop, please do! There are amazing projects for you to use as inspiration. Also, be sure to enter the Holiday Blog Hop Challenge which closes on 12/28. Diana has wonderful prizes for two lucky gals. You can't win if you don't join in!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you will leave a comment for me as your comments mean so much!



Happy Thanksgiving to those in the US!

Love to you,

Chris


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

The Ribbon Girl - ends Dec. 1 - Use a Magnolia Stamp
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - ends 12/8 - Vintage/Shabby
Totally Tilda Challenges #85 - ends 11/30 - Buttons and Bows
A Creative Romance - Vintage - ends 12/2
Crafty Ribbons Challenge #71 - Must have stitching - ends 11/27

13 comments:

Karen said...

Love your Edwin card!! And the other card was beautiful to start with, but the re-do made it even better.....love it!!!

Cathy Lee said...

Oh, Chris. Your Edwin card is fabulous! I love what you did with his frame. Every element is so perfect for this adorable character. And where the heck did you get that cute wine bottle! I want one, no I want a bunch!!!

Your before Peaceful Tilda card was truly lovely. But only the creator is the most critical of their own work. I am so happy that you remade her to something that pleases you. They are both beautiful.

Hugz,
Cath

Christine said...

Hi Chris wowzer cute Edwin creation he is handsome..lol BUT as we only accept TILDA images on our Totally Tilda chall your sweet Edwin card wont be counted..such a shame..other images are only allowed IF they are accompanied by the lovely Tilda..

Thanks for sharing this stunning card & hope to see you back soon with more of your gorgeous creations with a Tilda image..

Christine TT DT entry manager xx

Karen said...

Love your Edwin card! The mustache is great.

Your Peaceful Tilda card is so pretty! It was beautiful the first time around......

Karen

CaroleAnn said...

Loving this Edwin Card and I am not big on Edwin - just like the Tilda cards - but you rocked this and I like your before and after card by the way! Awesome design!!! Hugs

Patti Jo said...

*ello Love!!!.....Cute as can be Chris!!! Love the whole layout and all the fun embellishments!!! Terrific job! And as before, you are too hard on yourself!!! Both the before and after look great, but I do understand!!! :)

Kelly said...

Edwin is dashing! Your card is perfect to the detail!! I think is card is phenomenal!!
Hugs Kelly

Cindy :) said...

oh my goodnessssss...I totally love your Edwin card, just utterly gorgeous and as I was admiring every little detail right down to that adorable bottle of wine I was thinking it would be a lovely sentiment for your personal Chef on Thanksgiving ;) LOL wonder if he would appreciate it!?! assuming of course, it's a he, you never know right!
Wellll.....I loved your original Peaceful Tilda card and thought it was perfect, but I do totally love how you've changed it up as well, the additional mat layer and the doily behind her just add that little something I didn;t even feel was missing. I know we are our own worst critic and I'm glad your happy with it now :) Awesome cards, both of them :) hugs

Ribbon Girl said...

Edwin is cute but your Noel card is gorgeous! Thank you for joining in with the Ribbon Girl Magnolia Only Challenge, and I hope your dinner is delicious! Mary x

Suzi Mac said...

I'm so in love with your Edwin card my dear Chris, Wow!! such fabulous colouring and detailing.

I loved your peaceful Tilda card before but must admit it's even more gorgeous after the remake. Love your work hon.
Hugs
Suzi x

Anonymous said...

Edwin is definitely looking very dapper! I love that little wine bottle, too cute!
Your Peaceful Tilda card looks gorgeous, nicely done my friend
Hugs Julie P

Linda Levoir said...

What a fun Edwin card, love all the little touches you've added. Thanks for joining our Vintage challenge at A Creative Romance :) xx

NPurdum56 said...

Love them! Love that mustache! They are both just precious! :) Nancee