Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Magnolia-licious Hiking Edwin is a "Fun-gi!"


Hello Dearest Readers,

Well, the monsoon is back, and we're starting off with gray skies and showers! I just LOVE IT! I hope it thunders - a lot! I love when it thunders here because it bounces off the canyon walls and just rolls on for a long time! There is also such a wonderful scent in the air when it rains in the desert. It's a clean scent - sage. So, hopefully, it'll rain nicely enough that we won't have flooding.

I have been working with the Pink Lemonade Collection which is just so adorable it's hard to decide which stamp to use next! However, I did not use Pink Lemonade for the card I'm sharing today. Our son is having a birthday, and this is the card I made for him. I know he appreciates my hand made cards and the time I've taken to make it special for him. It is also my card for the new challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog - Anything Goes!

Here is the card I made for our boy ~





For this card, I chose to mask two stamps - Hiking Edwin and Mushroom with Snail. I was in a "shroomy" frame of mind, LOL! You can find Hiking Edwin at the Magnolia-licious Store - HERE. Diana is out of the standard size of Mushroom with Snail, but check with her to see if she can order it for you! It really is a darling stamp and with Halloween coming, it would be a nice one to use. I watercolored the painted images. I added a Heidi Swapp photo corner and machine stitching to the image. I also used the following:

Magnolia-licious's Mushroom Kit

Slender Firs Doohickey dies

Memory Box Puffy Cloud dies Doohickey Puffy Cloud Dies

Small Mushroom Dies by Cottage Cuts

Magnolia's Mushrooms in a Row stamp

Happy Birthday Flag is La La Land Crafts

The mushroom paper is from The Green Stack by DCWV.

The sentiment has been computer generated.

The inside panels have been finished in matching papers. Here are the inside panels:





Well, there it is! I hope our son likes it. I had fun creating it for him! I'd love to know what you think! Please leave a comment for me. Diana has something special for a lucky gal who has left a comment on the DT members' blogs. That lucky gal could be YOU!

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you like my card! Let me know what you think!

XO,

Chris

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty scene, love the little clouds and flags, nicely done Chris
Hugs Julie P

Barb Hardeman said...

You must have figured out how to make this folded shape card - and it's FAB-u-lous!Great job on the masking, Edwin even has his foot propped on the rock. Your coloring is sensational, as always. Love the solid primary colors, so perfect for a "guy" card. I know your son will treasure his card...his collection is growing. Super-duper job!
Hugs, Barb

Francesca Biancon said...

wow, it's a great card! I love the clouds, the little Edwin, the colors.....all!!

Donna said...

OMG!!! This card is amazing and your artwork is stunning. The detail is beautiful inside and out.
Hugs, Donna x

Pinky said...

OMG amazing :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I don't know what I like best-the inside is also so amazing. I love this card. It is just so fun to look at.