Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A Snowy Hug Fold Card for Magnolia-licious


Hello Dearest Readers,

Happy Halloween a couple of days early! **smile** I hope this post finds you well and happy! Is it getting colder where you are? It is beautiful here in the desert. The air conditioning has been turned off, and the windows are OPEN!!! It feels so good!

Today begins a new challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. I have to admit that this one was truly a challenge for me as I only make squareish or roundish cards. I think I've made one step card a couple of years ago, and that was the extent of my fold card attempts. The new challenge is for you to make a card with...

Fancy Folds!


For my card, I chose to make a Side Step Card. Here it is:



I love how it turned out! I didn't expect it to turn out this nicely. I even did the inside - not knowing if the inside was supposed to be finished or not, LOL. Here are more shots:







Do you like it? I think it is just surprisingly cute! Want to know a little more? Well, the paper I used was Bo Bunny Powder Mountain. My stamp was Magnolia Snowy Hug available HERE and on SALE for $11.99! That's a $2.00 savings! The stamp is perfect for those winter themed cards. Wouldn't that image look great on a Christmas card? I used white and brown Bazzill card stock. There are pale blue rhinestones and pearl elements. I added texture using Snow-Tex and then highlighted it with silver glitter. Oh, I almost forgot all the die cuts! I used LOTS of die cuts! I used dies from Memory Box, Magnolia, Cheery Lynn, 2 unknowns, and Martha Stewart. Some of the embellishments on the inside are from my stash.

I want to share with you that at Magnolia-licious ALL dies are 25% off! You may want to get some Christmas presents for yourself just a little early! LOL Diana is also taking orders for the newest stamp and Doohickey Club kits. Check it out!

Well, I hope you will come and play with us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog! We'd so love to see your Fancy Folds cards! I know I would LOVE some inspiration!

I hope you will leave a comment for me. Know that some lucky person who leave a comment on the DT gals'blogs or the Challenge Blog will receive a wonderfully generous surprise from Diana! Woo Hoo!



I hope I have provided some inspiration for you. I am so delighted that you stopped by! Thank you again!

Have a wonderful week!

XO,

Chris

4 comments:

Shelly G said...

OMGosh! What a great step card!!! I love the little forest you created! Tilda and the snowman are adorable and the inside is the perfect icing on this frosty creation! Love it!!!

CecyMedina said...

woowwww... love this card!!! ♥

Wendy H said...

Beautiful card. Love the image and the colours. Great use of dies. Xx

NPurdum56 said...

Oh what a great card! Love it! So many great details! Nancee :)