Thursday, March 29, 2018

Magnolia Gelato Tilda from the Summer 17 Collection



Hello sweet readers,

Happy Easter to each of you! I hope you will be surrounded by family and friends! I love Easter. I love that the colors change from the Winter darks to the bright or soft Spring colors.

One of my favorite memories, from when I was younger as well as when we were in the first 15 years of marriage, was to make Italian Easter Bread. It had whole dyed hard boiled eggs, in the shells, embedded in the top crust. I would take the bread a step further and create a lower level on which I would add Italian deli meats - prosciutto, salami, ham and a layer of Italian cheese - provolone, fontina, and mozzarella. I would close up the two layers of dough to keep the cheese in during the baking process. It would always be so pretty with the golden crust, colorful eggs, and after being cut open, the meat and cheese. I'm too old now to make it, LOL.

Today, I have a quickie card to share with you featuring Gelato Tilda from the Summer 17 collection. I think she is a little cutie. Here she is:



Tilda has been hand painted. The primary color is a deep purple that almost looks blue. The embellies are not involved making this card a quickie. The interior has been finished to match the front.

This card is for sale ----->

My Etsy Shop


Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you like my creation. Please, if you have time, stop by my Etsy Shop. There might be something there that you might like to get! I'm always looking for a bargain, how about you?

I hope you will return again very soon!

XO,

Chris

1 comment:

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable card Chris, just love this 'quickie' make of yours and I adore your post below too.xx💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]